Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Swing Set Saga

I wouldn't leave it behind.
I couldn't.
There were still too many swings to be swung,
Many more slides to be slid. 
It HAD to journey with us to the Cheese Land. 
Himself was distraught, "Have you seen the monstrosity? How shall it ever fit? It can't be done!" 
But fit it did, in pieces.
Oh so many pieces that I despaired it should never be rebuilt.
But it was resurrected! 
And now it sits beneath the grand walnut tree. 
Aye, even it has been swung & slid, with much joy, here in our new land!  

So many men & women contributed to the success of this mission... Ed, Mark, Nancy, Tom, Rocco, Steve, (another) Tom, Todd, and Granpapa. And Himself who wouldn't disappoint. My sincere gratitude for the future hours of play for my children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment