Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Good bye Grandma Great

Grandma Great Louise passed away last night. She was 97 years old.

I remember her best for her handmade blankets and kitchen items that she gifted me & my husband when we got married. Every year we'd get a new batch of crocheted warshrags and scrubbies. They were simple gifts that were greatly appreciated and enjoyed.

When she stopped making them because her hands hurt too much there was fiber craft revival amongst the daughters and daughters-in-laws. No one wanted to be without these wonderful items that made kitchen duties more pleasant. She shared her patterns and admired our results.

We love you Grandma Louise. rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. My grandmother died soon in the middle of Eric's job search. Her kids held a memorial service two days before we left. I remember thinking that I was in the midst of this horror movie called "Death and Moving." {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete